Ashoka Changemakers is partnering with Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Pioneer Portfolio to launch the international competition, Innovations for Health: Solutions that Cross Borders.
Ashoka seeks health solutions from around the world that have the potential to be applied in other countries to improve health and health care. They are especially interested in those innovations that have the potential to help vulnerable and underserved populations in other countries that are experiencing similar barriers to health.
Examples of breakthrough innovations they would like to see include those that:
- Deploy the full spectrum of health care workers and providers, thereby improving the capacity, reach, and quality of health care services;
- Use simple, low-cost interventions to improve medical, preventive, and dental care;
- Help people find and access the health information, services, and providers they need through new tools and processes;
- Provide high quality and personalized care in non-traditional settings; and
- Find new ways to engage patients in their care, particularly patients with chronic illnesses.
The 3 winner solutions will win a prize of US $10,000 each. The final deadline for entries is February 13.